Contest-Winning Grilled Asian Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, warmed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Drizzle with hoisin sauce; garnish with onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef (calculated without sesame seeds) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Grilled Asian Flank Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.