- In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, cumin, salt, pepper
- and cayenne. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into
- six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Place cucumber and tomato slices on buns; top each bun with a burger
- and about 2 tablespoons cucumber sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 316 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.