Contest-Winning Greek Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. For cucumber sauce, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 4. Place cucumber and tomato slices on buns; top each bun with a burger and about 2 tablespoons cucumber sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Contest-Winning Greek Turkey Burgers
"This was very easy to make and was also very good."
"reminded me of the chicken burgers we ate in Cyprus, very fresh"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.