- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- For cucumber sauce, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Place cucumber and tomato slices on buns; top each bun with a burger and about 2 tablespoons cucumber sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Turkey Burgers in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p43
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Greek Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
This was very easy to make and was also very good.
Reviewed May. 18, 2011
reminded me of the chicken burgers we ate in Cyprus, very fresh
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >