- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- For cucumber sauce, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, green pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Place cucumber and tomato slices on buns; top each bun with a burger and about 2 tablespoons cucumber sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Contest-Winning Greek Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
This was very easy to make and was also very good.
reminded me of the chicken burgers we ate in Cyprus, very fresh