Contest-Winning Greek Pizza
Pita breads make crispy crusts for these individual pizzas. Topped with feta and ricotta cheese as well as spinach, tomatoes and basil, the fast pizzas are a hit with everyone who tries them. —Doris Allers of Portage, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Combine ricotta cheese and
- garlic powder; spread over pitas. Top with spinach, tomatoes, feta
- cheese and basil.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 320 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.