Contest-Winning Greek Pizza Recipe
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Combine ricotta cheese and garlic powder; spread over pitas. Top with spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese and basil.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza: 320 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Greek Pizza
"I have to admit, I modified it alot. I added a mixture of mint, basil, garlic and onion powder, marjoram and thyme to the ricotta mixture. Then I added chicken and minced garlic and a little olive oil."
"I'm surprised this is a contest winning recipe. I made it exactly as directed. Both my husband and I found it rather bland... and since when is Greek food bland? It definitely seemed to be missing something. A kick. A zing. Something worthy of the Greek name. Artichoke hearts? Fresh basil? Olives? I do, however, like the foundation of this recipe and I only say I'll make this again because I'll use the recipe as a base. However, I will be experimenting with ingredients to add to make it more flavorful. Who says healthy can't have flavor!!!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.