Contest-Winning Greek Pizza Recipe
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Combine ricotta cheese and garlic powder; spread over pitas. Top with spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese and basil.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Greek Pizza
Sort By :
I have to admit, I modified it alot. I added a mixture of mint, basil, garlic and onion powder, marjoram and thyme to the ricotta mixture. Then I added chicken and minced garlic and a little olive oil.
I'm surprised this is a contest winning recipe. I made it exactly as directed. Both my husband and I found it rather bland... and since when is Greek food bland? It definitely seemed to be missing something. A kick. A zing. Something worthy of the Greek name. Artichoke hearts? Fresh basil? Olives? I do, however, like the foundation of this recipe and I only say I'll make this again because I'll use the recipe as a base. However, I will be experimenting with ingredients to add to make it more flavorful. Who says healthy can't have flavor!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >