- 1 package (13-1/4 ounces) whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, tomato sauce, tomatoes, spinach, olives, onion, green pepper, basil and oregano.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Greek Pasta Bake
Sort By :
"Not great. Needs to be more saucy & cheesy"
"Added some additional cheese in the mixture as well and added additional Greek seasoning on top. Easy, quick and inexpensive. I divided into two baking dishes and froze one for another night."
"Quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious. My family absolutely loved it! There was plenty to go around. I added a little salt and pepper, otherwise it was perfect!"
"I really liked this recipe. It was quick and easy to make. I'm a vegetarian so I cut out the chicken and I hate olives so I left those out also. I added more cheese too :) I think next time I may try it with some beans in place of the chicken. I liked the texture of the onion and pepper in the casserole too."
"i made the following changes:::i used fresh spinach instead of frozen. boil it for 1-2 min.i used regualr penne instead of wheat.i also used regular onion and a bell pepper, i cooked them along with the chicken.it turned out great and my family loved it!!"