Contest-Winning Grandma's Potato Salad Recipe
Many people have told me this is the best potato salad they have ever tasted! This recipe really represents the Midwest to me, because when our summers begin, no outdoor get-together is complete unless it includes potato salad.
- 10 pounds salad potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup milk
- Leaf lettuce
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, radishes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. In another large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugars, vanilla and mustard. Stir in milk. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Chill overnight.
- 2. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 quarts.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 425 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Grandma's Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC