Contest-Winning Glazed Pineapple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or refrigerate for another use); set pineapple aside. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Sprinkle with coconut.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice, butter and pineapple. Spread over coconut. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut sits in pastry. Add decorative cutouts if desired.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm pie. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 480 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Contest-Winning Glazed Pineapple Pie
"Very good! Easy to make. Very refreshing. A good summertime pie. I will definitely make it again!"
"Received Reserve Grand Champion at County Fair. Easy to make and really delicious!"
"This recipe is just awesome! So easy to make,also."