These glossy carrots, flavored with orange juice, cinnamon and ginger, are pretty enough for a special meal. To save time, you could substitute two 15-ounce cans of carrots for the fresh ones. —Helen Bethel, Maysville, North Carolina
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add the carrots; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Carrot Coins in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 31
Reviews for Contest-Winning Glazed Carrot Coins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review