- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add the carrots; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Glazed Carrot Coins
"I tried this recipe and it was delicious. Then I tried it with parsnips--also delicious!"
"I used this recipe, too! I admit that I DID omit the brown sugar, though, for health issues! I'd also omitted the ginger, but I used the ground cinnamon and 6 to 12 carrots! It's just my Mom & myself, soI used it just for us! I admit that brown sugar DOES give carrots a nice flavor!It IS a dish I keep in the back my my mind when I want to prepare a carrot side dish!Thank you for sharing this recipe, Helen Bethel! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"Excellent taste, quick and easy to make. What more can you want?"
"I used 2 lbs. baby carrots and doubled the other ingredients here. Very delicious, sweet and good carrot taste."
"Simple recipe that's quick to make and delicious!"
"MMMM.. these carrots are so good!! Made them for company... definitely a hit!!"
"This was quick and easy, as well as much tastier than plain cooked carrots. Ingredients are those already on hand. Hubby enjoyed them very much. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I cooked the carrots first and then made the sauce and poured over them and heated for a minute or two."
"These are so good. I cut my carrots in strips & cooked this in the oven."
"This recipe is fantastic! My husband does not like carrots and he went back for seconds!"