- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds), peeled and finely shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the beef, onion, green pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low; melt butter in pan. Spread potatoes over butter and sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with beef mixture. Combine eggs and milk; pour over all.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until set in the center. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Contest-Winning German Pizza
Sort By :
"How can this have 16 ratings and only 2 reviews? Only adding one star because I had to , to add the comment."
"Hmmm......the idea behind this recipe is great and it tasted ok. I was actually a little excited as I was making it. However, I (and others) just felt like it was a little bland tasting. If I make it again I will add some type of seasoning to the ground beef."
"Awesome! Absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing."
"Very good as is. Thanks"
"I also decreased the salt in this recipe. Otherwise, everything was perfect. Next time, I would like to try a breakfast version as well as a dinner version using sausage as many have suggested within earlier reviews. Three cheers for german pizza!Does anyone have suggestions for making a larger batch (I.e. casserole dish/baking rather than skillet/cooking)? Thanks!"