Contest-Winning German Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds), peeled and finely shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the beef, onion, green pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low; melt butter in pan. Spread potatoes over butter and sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with beef mixture. Combine eggs and milk; pour over all.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until set in the center. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Contest-Winning German Pizza
Sort By :
Hmmm......the idea behind this recipe is great and it tasted ok. I was actually a little excited as I was making it. However, I (and others) just felt like it was a little bland tasting. If I make it again I will add some type of seasoning to the ground beef.
Awesome! Absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing.