Contest-Winning Garden State Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes and cucumber. Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 116 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Contest-Winning Garden State Salad
"Although I now live in Upstate New York, grew up in the Garden State, so am always on *prowl* for wonderful salads from my home state. Thank you for sharing!"