- 6 cups chopped pecans (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied cherries (about 1/2 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied pineapple (about 1/2 pound)
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, cracker crumbs, raisins, cherries and pineapple. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, milk and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Pour over pecan mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in the coconut. Yield: 7-8 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Fruitcake Cookies
"My family has loved this recipe for 16 years. My husband asks for me to make these."
"It's a good thing these cookies are yummy since it makes a huge batch! I should've been alerted by the large quantities for the ingredients, but I was in a hurry and not thinking. I saw the "48 servings" and thought 48 cookies, but it turns out to make nearly 100 cookies. It also took a lot more than the 1-1/2 cups of coconut listed to cover all those balls. I finished an open bag I had and started a second. It must have been 5, probably 6 cups to cover them like it shows in the picture. Will make again, but only half a batch!"