- third bowl. Pat green tomato slices dry. Coat with flour mixture,
- dip into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 4 teaspoons oil over medium heat.
- Fry tomato slices, four at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown, adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper
- Place fried tomatoes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375°
- for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine
- salsa ingredients. Serve with the fried tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tomato slices with 1/3 cup salsa equals 207 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.