Contest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans, sugar and salt; stir in the butter until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually stir in water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Arrange berries in the crust. Carefully pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 355 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Contest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie
"I like to make strawberry pie in the spring using fresh berries from our patch. This is one of my husband's favorites. Sometimes I use a baked prepared pie crust. Don't use berries that are very juicy or the pie may not set as well."
"Delicious. My husband ate the pie within 2 days. He said it was the best Pie I had ever cooked. My Strawberry Pie normally has too much Jello and taste like you're eating Jello with Strawberries. Maybe. the Karo Syrup made the pie more creamy . I don't know but I will be keeping the recipe."
"Delicious.....added about 1 cup pureed, strained strawberries with one more tablespoon of flavored gelatin to the filling. It was a big hit!"
"Love the filling - use it with my homemade graham cracker crust. Perfect!"
"This pie is delicious! The crust is my favorite!! I even use this crust recipe for blueberry pie... everyone loves it!!"
"I found the crust to be tough. But I did like the filling. it was easy enough"
"Soooo good! The crust is fantastic and the filling is perfect!"
"One of the best pies ever!"
"Everything about this recipe was perfect!! Yum- thanks so much!! I will use this recipe many times over!!"
"Love this recipe! Quick,easy & delicious!"
"This is my most favorite tasting fresh strawberry pie. i have made it 3 times for my family. its easy and fun to make."
"I've also used this crust and merely changed the jello powder to make fresh peach or raspberry pie and it is delicious. Melissa Patterson"
"This pie was hit with my family.I used the crust recipe for a fresh blueberry pie that was a hit also. It will be one I use repeatedly."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.