- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans, sugar and salt; stir in the butter until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually stir in water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange berries in the crust. Carefully pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"Delicious.....added about 1 cup pureed, strained strawberries with one more tablespoon of flavored gelatin to the filling. It was a big hit!"
"Love the filling - use it with my homemade graham cracker crust. Perfect!"
"This pie is delicious! The crust is my favorite!! I even use this crust recipe for blueberry pie... everyone loves it!!"
"I found the crust to be tough. But I did like the filling. it was easy enough"
"Soooo good! The crust is fantastic and the filling is perfect!"