Contest-Winning Fresh Blueberry Pie
I've been making this dessert for 30 years. It represents our state well because Michigan is the leader in blueberry production.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and
- water until smooth. Add 3 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries;
- stir until butter is melted. Cool. Pour into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 269 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a