Contest-Winning French Toast Supreme
I often use thick slices of French bread or homemade white bread when fixing these sandwiches. I served them with a fresh fruit salad at brunch, and everyone asked me for the recipe. It's easy to double or triple for a hungry crowd.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- On four slices of toast, place one slice of bacon and one slice of
- cheese; top with remaining toast. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and
- creamer. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- On a hot griddle or large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook
- French toast for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with jam.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 436 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.