Contest-Winning French Toast Supreme Recipe
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1. On four slices of toast, place one slice of bacon and one slice of cheese; top with remaining toast. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and creamer. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- 2. On a hot griddle or large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook French toast for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with jam. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 436 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning French Toast Supreme
"Wow! This is a fantastic recipe. I did change up the jam. I topped it with my homemade caramel apple jam I made last fall from The recipe from TOH. Apples, cheese, bread.... A marriage for the taste buds."
"This was OK but not great. If I make it again I will use regular bread instead of the Texas Toast."
"The recipe was easyto make, tasted great and the only change I made was to add 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper to the egg mixture."