Contest-Winning Eggnog Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor, combine flour and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add shortening and butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves until blended. Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
"Great Thanksgiving pie. The eggnog taste wasn't overpowering; the longer it sat, the less eggnog flavor came through. We omitted the nuts because we didn't have any and the pie was still great."
"Love this recipe, I will be making it again this year"
"this pie sums up the flavors of fall/winter wonderfully. After this pie, I'm not going to want to make a plain pumpkin pie ever again! I saved a few calories and used light eggnog and it still came out perfectly"
"Lovely Pie! Similar to Pumpkin Eggnog Pie but the nuts are great! However there are many people that do not like the nuts!"