Contest-Winning Easy Oven Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Easy Oven Stew(8)
Sort By :
Easy and good.
This was the first time I baked stew. It was delicious! I also added potatoes instead of parsnips. I added 2 cans of stewed tomatoes instead of one, and substituted a corn starch slurry for the tapioca. I don't like coffee, so I deleted the coffee granules. I used a prepared spaghetti seasoning in place of the individual seasonings. I was impressed at how tender the stew meat was.
This is our new best stew recipe!
I used potatoes instead of parsnips, added brussels sprouts and mushrooms, and it was SO good. No need to add extra salt or anything.
This is one of the best stew recipes I have tried. I used an equal amount of parsnips and potatoes. It was delicious!
This is the BEST and EASIEST stew recipe ever! It turns out thick and hearty and is perfect for a snowy, cold day! I also substitute potatoes for parsnips because it is our personal preference. SO delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >