Rice is truly one of the world's most versatile foods. Arkansas is the top rice-producing state in the country, so this recipe surely represents our region.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside 1 cup pineapple and 3 tablespoons juice (refrigerate remaining pineapple and juice for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, celery, almonds, raisins, green onions and reserved pineapple.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, salt and reserved juice. Gently stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Rice Salad in Country April/May 2002, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Curried Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review