Contest-Winning Curried Chicken Turnovers Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and carrot in butter for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder and salt until blended. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chicken, sour cream and yogurt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. With a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from each rectangle. Place 2 teaspoons chicken mixture on one side of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Curried Chicken Turnovers(1)
Sort By :
This recipe should read 2 TABLESPOONS of filling per circle. I used 2 teaspoons for the first dozen and had way too much filling leftover for the second dozen. The ingredients add up to 3 cups of filling, which is 48 tablespoons.
Other than the typo, my husband and I really enjoyed these. He burned his tongue because he was so excited to eat them he didn't wait for them to cool a bit.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >