Contest-Winning Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup diced nectarine
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Cool; shred chicken with two forks.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, nectarine, onions and raisins. Combine the yogurt, honey, curry powder and salt. Stir into chicken mixture. Divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with chicken mixture. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 300 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Curried Chicken Salad
"Took this to a women's tea and the ladies loved it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.