"This is a cool lunch for a hot day," writes Joslyn Stock from Hampton, Iowa. "The flavor offers a nice twist on a traditional chicken salad and I couldn't even tell that it was made with yogurt instead of mayonnaise!"
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup diced nectarine
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Cool; shred chicken with two forks.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, nectarine, onions and raisins. Combine the yogurt, honey, curry powder and salt. Stir into chicken mixture. Divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with chicken mixture. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Curried Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2013
"Took this to a women's tea and the ladies loved it!"