- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in buttermilk mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Crispy Chicken Fingers
Sort By :
"These were so easy to make and so delicious! I made them exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. This was only my second time of deep frying anything, and I will continue to do it from now on, as long as Taste of Home keeps giving us such good recipes."
"My kids loved this recipe. They had seconds which is not usual."
"I have officially thrown out all of my other recipes for fried chicken coating. This is the winner and I don't know that I'll ever read another recipe for it. This is so simple and so delicious! I use chicken tenderloin instead of cutting larger pieces into strips. It works perfectly and is a great serving size."
"These are amazing, easy and quick. I didn't have buttermilk either so made my own by adding lemon juice one time and vinegar the next. Didn't have parmesan cheese so just omitted. I tossed them in Franks Hot Sauce after deep frying. Five stars of yumminess!"
"Excellent recipe, but I couldn't help but tweak it bit. I marinated the chicken in buttermilk overnight, used panko breadcrumbs and added cayenne and black pepper (thanks ElaineMP). I didn't use an electric fryer, but they still turned out great! Thanks Rachel & TOH :)"