My kids love these tender, moist chicken strips! My husband and I cut up the chicken and add to a lettuce salad with eggs, tomatoes and cheese. And everybody's happy! —Rachel Fizel, Woodbury, Minnesota
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in buttermilk mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Fingers in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p35
Reviews for Contest-Winning Crispy Chicken Fingers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review