Contest-Winning Colorful Coleslaw Recipe
Although raspberry vinegar may seem like an odd ingredient in coleslaw, it adds fresh, fruity flavor. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger gathering.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 169 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Colorful Coleslaw
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2015
"sounds great and can't wait to try it!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC