Contest-Winning Coconut Peach Pie Recipe
A relative shared this recipe with me. I love peaches, and the wonderful meringue crust is tender and crispy. It's one of my favorite summertime desserts.
- 3 egg whites
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and salt on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 cup coconut and almonds. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Arrange peaches in crust. In a large bowl, beat whipping cream with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over peaches; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 330 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Coconut Peach Pie Recipe
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2014
"Love it~Love it! Love it!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC