A relative shared this recipe with me. I love peaches, and the wonderful meringue crust is tender and crispy. It's one of my favorite summertime desserts.
- 3 egg whites
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and salt on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 cup coconut and almonds. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Arrange peaches in crust. In a large bowl, beat whipping cream with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over peaches; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Peach Pie in Country August/September 2003, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Coconut Peach Pie Recipe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2014
"Love it~Love it! Love it!!"