- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove about 1 cup of dough. With lightly floured hands, roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pan 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Sort By :
"Excellent but I needed to cook them a little longer in my oven."
"I've been making these for about 18 years and adore them. They've won me huge ribbons in fairs and made me a very happy chocolate eater. Friends request them often and I'm known for my "serious chocolate cookies." I always use mini chocolate chips and am much happier with the results. They're absolutely wonderful and my favorite cookie ever!"
"These are some of the best cookies! I make them every year for Christmas. I just made a batch but didn't have any confectioners sugar. I drizzled melted white almond bark on them instead. Wonderful!"
"I've been making these for several years now. Every Christmas all my friends ask if I'm making them because they want them. I make them several times a year and they are always a big hit. I make them small because they are so rich."