- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs 2 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Sort By :
"Excellent but I needed to cook them a little longer in my oven."
"I've been making these for about 18 years and adore them. They've won me huge ribbons in fairs and made me a very happy chocolate eater. Friends request them often and I'm known for my "serious chocolate cookies." I always use mini chocolate chips and am much happier with the results. They're absolutely wonderful and my favorite cookie ever!"
"These are some of the best cookies! I make them every year for Christmas. I just made a batch but didn't have any confectioners sugar. I drizzled melted white almond bark on them instead. Wonderful!"
"I've been making these for several years now. Every Christmas all my friends ask if I'm making them because they want them. I make them several times a year and they are always a big hit. I make them small because they are so rich."