Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs 2 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 148 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies
"Excellent but I needed to cook them a little longer in my oven."
"I've been making these for about 18 years and adore them. They've won me huge ribbons in fairs and made me a very happy chocolate eater. Friends request them often and I'm known for my "serious chocolate cookies." I always use mini chocolate chips and am much happier with the results. They're absolutely wonderful and my favorite cookie ever!"
"These are some of the best cookies! I make them every year for Christmas. I just made a batch but didn't have any confectioners sugar. I drizzled melted white almond bark on them instead. Wonderful!"
"I've been making these for several years now. Every Christmas all my friends ask if I'm making them because they want them. I make them several times a year and they are always a big hit. I make them small because they are so rich."
"Very yummy, I made quite a few for a Christmas cookie swap and they went over very well."
"This is a family favorite that I must make every Christmas! It has an amazing, rich, intense, gooey, chocolate flavor best served warm."
"With this recipe i will never bake chocolate chips again...Love these"
"This recipe is too much trouble for me to make more than once a year. After chilling the mixture for three hours in the fridge, it was rock hard and broke a spoon. Forming the mixture into balls was not a pleasant experience. Even though I formed them into perfect balls, they still flattened in the oven.Not worth the time."
"very good if you are wanting a chocolate fix"
"If you are looking to have a chocolate exclamation point in your Christmas cookie selection - this recipe is it! Kind of like molten chocolate lava cake in a cookie form. I omitted the powdered sugar dusting and think they taste better and less messy to eat (who needs evidence anyway?) This recipe ROCKS!"
"I made these for my nephew Nick for Christmas but his whole family loved them. They are perfect for the chocoholic. Thank you!"
"So good for the real chocolate lover! The night I took these to the gathering I got asked for the recipe many times."
"I made these for our Christmas open house, everyone liked them. also used them for ny neighbors cookie trays and they wanted the recipe. Very good"
"These cookies are awesome! I make them every year for Christmas and get rave reviews."
"This is my chocoholic family's favorite cookie. Everyone I've served them to raves about them. These cookies have become my"signature" cookies. Thank you so much!"
"These cookies are awesome! One batch is never enough because all my co-workers want them. They have become a family favorite, surpassing chocolate chip cookies!"
"I made these cookies at Christmas for my family and everyone loved them! The cookies are very rich, but incredibly delicious!"
"These are the BEST ever. Every time I make them, everybody wants the recipe. My husband isn't a big fan of chocolate, but request these all the time!!! EXCELLENT!!!"
"Did not care for these at all. My kids took one bite and would not finish them. Will not make again."