Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies Recipe
Here's a snack for serious chocolate lovers. These enticing cookies are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, somewhat bittersweet and very chocolaty. I usually make them to share at get-togethers...otherwise, I'd eat them all myself! I'm always asked for the recipe. -Delaine Fortenberry, McComb, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:24 servings
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave or double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture.
- 3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- 4. Remove about 1 cup of dough. With lightly floured hands, roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pan 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6. Repeat with remaining dough. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 cookies equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC