Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies Recipe
Here's a snack for serious chocolate lovers. These enticing cookies are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, somewhat bittersweet and very chocolaty. I usually make them to share at get-togethers...otherwise, I'd eat them all myself! I'm always asked for the recipe. -Delaine Fortenberry, McComb, Mississippi
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs 2 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC