- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs 2 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Sort By :
"Excellent but I needed to cook them a little longer in my oven."
"I've been making these for about 18 years and adore them. They've won me huge ribbons in fairs and made me a very happy chocolate eater. Friends request them often and I'm known for my "serious chocolate cookies." I always use mini chocolate chips and am much happier with the results. They're absolutely wonderful and my favorite cookie ever!"
"These are some of the best cookies! I make them every year for Christmas. I just made a batch but didn't have any confectioners sugar. I drizzled melted white almond bark on them instead. Wonderful!"