Contest-Winning Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 round thin chocolate-covered mint patties
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating until well combine.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until puffy and tops are cracked. Invert half of the cookies onto wire racks. Immediately place a mint patty on each, then top with remaining cookies. Press lightly to seal. Cool completely. Yield: 32 sandwich cookies.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chocolate Mint Cookies
Sort By :
Hands down best. Just made some 5 minutes ago. They are beter than any store bought. Heads up - If you see Cherry Andes Candies around the Holidays ... Yep taste like a Chocolate Covered Cherry. Yuuuuuum !! We keep Andes of Mint & Cherry in the freezer so we're ready.
These are great for a thin mint fix after the boxes are long gone.