Contest-Winning Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
My dad sandwiches mint patties between two tender chocolate cookies to create these chewy treats. The blend of chocolate and mint is a big hit at our house. Best of all, these cookies are easy and fun to make. -Christina Burbage, Spartanburg, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:32 servings
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 round thin chocolate-covered mint patties
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating until well combine.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until puffy and tops are cracked. Invert half of the cookies onto wire racks. Immediately place a mint patty on each, then top with remaining cookies. Press lightly to seal. Cool completely. Yield: 32 sandwich cookies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC