Contest-Winning Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
A touch of cinnamon helps blend the chocolate and pumpkin flavors in this tender bread. And since the recipe makes two loaves, you can send one to a bake sale and keep one at home for your family to enjoy. —Lora Stanley, Bennington, Kansas
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.