- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the sherry or broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture, add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
Very good; hubby liked it a lot. I used marsala cooking wine in place of the sherry and it turned out fine.
This was a very nice recipe. I made just as directed except that I used canned mushrooms. I'm sure fresh would have been better but the canned were fine. Everyone that tried it enjoyed it. I served it with brown rice.
Really enjoyed this recipe. I only used 2 breasts so there was plenty of sauce.
I forgot to add that next time I would add a little thyme and maybe even sage to give the sauce a little more flavor.
This was very good. I took the advice of a previous comment and doubled the sauce mix plus I added extra mushrooms. I served it over mashed potatoes.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >