I was born and raised on a farm in Iowa but have been a California resident for many years. Southwestern-style recipes like these chicken fajitas soon became family favorites. I like to serve them with salsa and guacamole.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; divide the mixture between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one and vegetables to the other; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet. Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajitas in Country June/July 1997, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review