I was born and raised on a farm in Iowa but have been a California resident for many years. Southwestern-style recipes like these chicken fajitas soon became family favorites. I like to serve them with salsa and guacamole.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; divide the mixture between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one and vegetables to the other; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet. Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajitas in Country June/July 1997, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"We love this recipe!"
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2013
"We love this recipe so so yummy!"
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2012
"Too much lime juice"