Contest-Winning Cheesy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
“If you prefer chunky soup, skip the blender step and stir the cheese and cream into the slow cooker mixture, then heat on high until the cheese is melted.” —Sheryl Punter, Woodstock, Ontario
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. Place cauliflower in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Chop the celery, carrots, peppers and onion; add to slow cooker. Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to slow cooker; stir in cheese and cream. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC