- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Place cauliflower in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Chop the celery, carrots, peppers and onion; add to slow cooker. Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to slow cooker; stir in cheese and cream. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
"Very nice soup. However, we didn't find it cheesy at all unfortunately. Next time might reduce the cream by half and add an additional cup of cheese and maybe some garlic (I love garlic in everything). Otherwise it was a wonderful recipe and enjoyed by the family. I must say that usually I love a soup with heaps of flavour (I am a soup-a-holic) and have noted that some reviewers think this was bland. We really liked this one as it was. I didn't find it bland at all. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This recipe was great. When I made it, I didn't realize I had forgotten the half and half until my family was several bites into the meal. We all agreed after adding the cream that it was good both ways. As an extra kick, I think I'll spice it up a little with some red hot sauce next time. My mother found this recipe so appetizing that she requested it to add to her own collection."
"This soup was hearty, but lacked flavor. It just seemed like it needed something else to give it more taste. At this point, I don't plan to make it again."
"My mother made this recipe some years ago and it was fantatic. She passed away and I was trying to dig up some of these old recipes - I am so delighted to find it again and can't wait to make it for my family."
"Using a cup of nonfat yogurt and a cup of skim milk instead of the half and half gave the soup a tangy taste. We love it!"
"This soup was very bland tasted like it was missing...something...we added a tiny drop of hot sauce to give it a little kick and it helped the recipe a TON."
"This soup was very bland - it would be much better with some other spices or flavors"
"Great soup, very rich!!!"
"Tastes a lot like cauliflower with cheese sauce. DELICIOUS anytime. So creamy and smooth!"