Contest-Winning Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe
When my children and I make this scrumptious layered dessert at home, we use a variety of apples to give it a nice combination of flavors. —Michelle Brooks, Clarkston, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half the apples, half the caramels and 1 cup oat mixture. Repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup cider over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 485 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC