Contest-Winning Brunch Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Picante sauce and additional sour cream, optional
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon and sausage over medium heat until bacon is crisp and sausage is no longer pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until almost set.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and Italian seasoning; spread over crust. Layer with eggs, sausage and bacon, sauteed vegetables, tomatoes and mozzarella.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with picante sauce and additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 pieces.
1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 375 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.