- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter
- with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake 25-30 minutes or until
- lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan;
- cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate.
- For toffee, line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil
- with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle pecans into prepared pan; set
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, bring brown sugar and
- remaining butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and cook 2
- minutes. Cook and stir with a clean spoon until a candy thermometer
- reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Immediately pour into prepared
- pan. Sprinkle with chips; spread with a knife when melted.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
- Frost cake with whipped topping. Finely chop half of the toffee;
- press onto cake. Serve with remaining toffee if desired. Store
- leftover toffee in an airtight container. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without additional toffee) equals 349 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.