Contest-Winning Broccoli with Orange Sauce
A citrus yogurt sauce drapes crisp-tender broccoli flowerets and refreshing orange slices in this dish. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until
- smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice. Add the orange peel,
- mandarin oranges and tarragon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in yogurt.
- Drain broccoli; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 100 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium,