A citrus yogurt sauce drapes crisp-tender broccoli flowerets and refreshing orange slices in this dish. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice. Add the orange peel, mandarin oranges and tarragon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in yogurt.
- Drain broccoli; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Orange Sauce in Country February/March 2009, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Broccoli with Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review