Contest-Winning Broccoli Chicken Casserole
"All ages really seem to go for this comforting, scrumptious meal-in-one," notes Jenn Schlachter in Big Rock, Illinois. "It takes just a handful of ingredients and minutes to put together. I’ve found that adding dried cranberries to the stuffing mix also adds flavor and color!"
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package
- directions, using 1-1/2 cups water.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a
- greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 315 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.