Contest-Winning Broccoli Chicken Casserole Recipe
This delicious twist on chicken divan came from an old boss, who gave the recipe to me when I got married. It’s quick, satisfying comfort food. —Jennifer Schlachter, Big Rock, Illinois
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1-1/2 cups water.
- 2. In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled casserole to freezer containers; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and microwave, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 315 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC