Contest-Winning Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
This is my favorite blueberry recipe, which I often make for family get-together.—Cathy Medley, Clyde, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the berries are softened. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. For crust, in a small bowl, combine the crumbs and sugar; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over crust. Drizzle with blueberry mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC