Contest-Winning Blueberry Quick Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar blend
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup canned unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar blend until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg whites and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, pineapple, pecans and coconut.
- 2. Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 193 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Blueberry Quick Bread
"all we could taste was the flour, will not make this again"
"For information about Splenda Sugar Blend and substituting with granulated sugar, there is information and an equivalency chart at: www.splenda.com/products/sugar-blend"
"This bread is absolutely delicious! I'll definitely make it again and again. :)"
"What's a sugar blend? I have never heard this term before."
"Can I use regular sugar? If so, how much?THANKS! sje"
"I'd rather use regular cane sugar - how much sugar would I use in place of the sugar blend?"
"Can I use regular sugar instead of Splenda?"
"Can I use a mini loaf pan?"
"Re: Blueberry Quick Bread can I use regular sugar and whole milk, instead of Splenda, and fat free milk?"
"Can bake in bundt pan - instead of 2 loaf pans. Cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from pan."