Here is a tasty, cool treat I especially enjoy serving for spring or summer luncheons or as a light finish to dinner. Feel free to vary the flavor to strawberry, orange, raspberry or whatever fruit is in season.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) blueberry yogurt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and yogurt; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and sour cream mixture until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill until partially set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and remaining sugar; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 8-in. square dish; set aside.
- Stir blueberries into gelatin mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Dessert in Country Woman May/June 2006, p41
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Blueberry Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review